Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Things you probably won't see...

Before I moved to Riga, Latvia, I spent most of my life in Southern California. Today as I went through the day I thought of several things that you probably won't see in So Cal in the middle of June. You probably won't see a forth straight day of heavy rain. You probably won't see an explosion of green, as plants rush to take advantage of the short summer. You probably won't see fog from your breath as you leave the mall after early evening shopping. You probably won't see Lays crinkle cut chips on sale, in Dill and Sour Cream flavour of course. You probably won't see a beautiful sunset or red, yellow and orange...at 10:30 p.m.!

As we continue to settle here in Riga we appreciate your prayers for our adjustments to all the big things and little things you probably won't see in Southern California.

4 comments:

Ethel Foster said...

Hey Kathy, Paul and Nate, Its good to read your blog. WE continue to pray for you every day. Things are going along here in Calif. It had been over 100 every day this past week but may cool off into the 90s next week. We love you and miss you all. God bless and keep you in HIS care.

Kath said...

Continuing our prayers for all of you!

kingzkiidinromania said...

so glad i found your blog today!
i think of you guys often!
aura

Steve Sutherland said...

HI Paul, Kathy & Nate, I enjoy reading your Blogs. Your in Linda"s & my prayers. I know that your busy, but we'd love to here from you more often even if its only a line or 2.
Hope everything is good with you all.